Waverunner Dolphin Tour @ Crab Island
Come enjoy a unique and upfront experience with wild bottlenose dolphins. Your adventure starts out at the Destin Marina as an experienced guide takes you to the dolphin "hang out". After exploring, the guide will allow you to adventure out as well. You can set the pace of your tour. Make sure to bring a waterproof camera so you can get some good shots of the dolphins!
→ Enjoy a unique and upfront experience with wild dolphins.
→ Guided tour on 3-seater Yamaha VX 1100 waverunners.
→ Great activity for families and children.
→ Adventure and explore the Choctawatchee Bay
→ 1 hour tour & 30 min. of Free Time!
Booking Details:Please bring with you the provided confirmation number (located on the voucher e-mailed to you after online purchase) and a valid drivers license for verification. Please call to confirm your requested departure time at least 24 hours prior to arrival. Reservations booked less than 24hrs prior to arrival are not guaranteed until confirmed by the vendor. X-treme H20 is located at 7 Calhoun Avenue Destin, FL 32541. It is best to arrive at least 30-45min early minutes early for instruction.
Dolphin tours are available daily March through October. Departure times are typically in early morning. Check availability and pricing by clicking the "view pricing" button above. It is best to book at least 2 days in advance to avoid sellouts.
Public parking is available at the Destin Marina which is located at 7 Calhoun Avenue Destin, FL 32541. Limited space is available on high volume days so it is recommended to take one vehicle for your party.
Duration: 1.5 Hrs.
● 3 Seater Waverunner
● Tour Guide
● Life Vests
● Boaters test (Available On-site)
● Adults born BEFORE January 1, 1988 can operate a jet ski with a valid drivers license without a Florida's Boater License.
● Person signing the contract must be 18, have a valid picture ID, & a VALID credit card for incidentals.
● The 7:30am tour is only available if the 9am is full.
● Those born on or after January 1, 1988 can operate a jet ski, but are required to take a Florida Boaters Test. These tests are available upon arrival for $5. They take approximately 20 minutes to complete. Please arrive early if someone in your party is taking this test.
● Jet ski's are prohibited from entering the Gulf of Mexico.
● Total weight capacity is 450lb. Not valid for three grown adults.
● Jet Ski's MUST be returned at the rental location no later than 6pm regardless of the time of departure.
● It is recommended to bring suntan lotion and a towel.
● Jet ski's have small compartments to hold small valuables such as wallets, watches and jewelry. However, it is best to leave all these items back home or in your vehicle.
● If the weather is unfavorable for this activity, we will attempt to reschedule for another time or day. If we cannot meet customer demands for this, we'll refund the purchase amount.
● If there is rain while you are on the waverunner, the price will be prorated accordingly
● Tour guides are experienced in finding dolphins so there is a very good chance dolphins will be encountered. However, there are no guarantees.
Customers may cancel at least 24 hours prior to their arrival date and time to receive a full refund minus a $5 service fee. Customers that cancel after the 24 hour period will not be eligible for a refund. If weather is unfavorable, the session may be rescheduled for a later time/date or a full refund will be issued. No-shows will not be refunded. Customer may make changes to the reservation without any fees as long as it's outside the 24 hour cancellation period.
Read what other TripShock! travelers think about the Waverunner Dolphin Tour @ Crab Island. What they loved, what they liked and what they think could be improved, it's all here to help you make the most of your next trip. Only TripShock! customers may leave reviews. Please login to your reservation to post your review.
24 Reviews From TripShock Travelers
Burleson, Texas, USA
Sep 28 2015 07:14pm
The tour was a lot of fun, the guide was great and great to ride along with the dolphins.Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
Plano, Texas, USA
Jul 26 2015 10:21am
Awesome! Great crew, easy to find, supper friendly, found lots of Dolphins! We would defiantly do it again!!!Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
Erlanger, Kentucky, USA
Jul 2 2015 08:40pm
We got to see plenty of dolphin but they were not active! I don't know if it was all the boats and wave runners gathering around them or if it was the ocean was very choppy from storms that morning. ... read moreVerified TripShock! Traveler Review
Dousman, Wisconsin, USA
Apr 16 2015 10:25am
We highly recommend this dolphin tour. We had a great time! We saw dolphin as soon as we hit the water. They swam next to our Waverunner jumping out of the water, so close you could almost touch them. We've done the glass bottom boat, and dolphin cruises in the years past and this was by far our favorite way to see the dolphins. It was an amazing experience for our family. Our children were totally loving it! This was a trip they will never forget. Our guide "Bobby" was awesome. After playing with the dolphins we were able to have some free time to play on the Waverunners. Worth every penny!Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
Houston, Texas, USA
Mar 29 2015 10:59am
It was raining that day , but I still had a BLAST! Bobby was awesome and hilarious ! Will definitely visit again !Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
Milton, Florida, USA
Oct 7 2014 01:01am
Had a little mix up at the beginning. Evidently some communication problems between tripshock and the staff. The staff rallied and provided a wonderful exploration of the Gulf and found dolphins. The Wave runners were very fast and in good condition, with no mechanical problems. We really enjoyed this experience. Will definitely do this again.Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
Newark, Ohio, USA
Aug 14 2014 06:38am
We had a wonderful time and saw several dolphins, We loved how helpful and laid back the whole staff was. They were very helpful and friendly and would definitely recommend H2O sports to anyone wanting an enjoyable day. MikeVerified TripShock! Traveler Review
Houston, Texas, USA
Mar 22 2013 06:47am
This was the highlight of our spring break! It was a beautiful, calm morning so we went out in the gulf for a bit - had a blast. We came back in the bay and saw several pods of dolphins near crab island. One pod was playing with us - swimming under the wave runners.Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
Sandra L Welch
Groveport, Ohio, USA
Nov 3 2012 06:56am
Our group of ten had a blast! We rented four jet skis (3 on 2 jet skis and 2 on 2 jet skies). We had no experience and the intructions we received was excellent. I will definitely plan on doing this again!Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
NAVARRE, Florida, United States
Oct 15 2012 08:14am
We had the most incredible time jet skiing and seeing dolphins! We saw at least 30! The crew at Extreme H2O Sports are wonderful. Our guide found dolphins as soon as we went under the bridge. We had a blast riding around in the Gulf! We will definately go again! Thank you for an awesome time!!Verified TripShock! Traveler Review
Global Administrator Apr 25 2011
Global Administrator Apr 19 2010
Global Administrator Apr 19 2010