Stop by the Islands of Perdido Pass during Hangout Fest this year for some fun in the sun! Learn more online at Orange Beach Islands!
1. Hangout Fest Takes Place in Alabama
Some Cool Facts About Alabama from 50States.com:
- Alabama introduced the Mardi Gras to the western world. The celebration is held on Shrove Tuesday, the day before Lent begins.
- Baseball player Henry Louis (Hank) Aaron was born in Mobile in 1934.
- "Alabama" is the official state song.
- The pecan is the Alabama's official nut (if you pass a public pecan tree make sure to grab some)
Take advantage of beautiful Gulf Coast weather with a Gulf Shores Boat Cruise.
Gulf Shores, AL in May is warm, but not stupid hot like Tennessee's Bonarroo Music Fest in June, or Chicago's Lollapalooza in July. Being as Hangout is stationed directly on the beach, swimsuits are welcomed, as well as plenty of places to lay out and catch some rays. According to gulfshores.com, the temperature in Gulf Shores, Alabama in May is 75 on average, perfect for full days outside without overheating. Watch out for cooler nights and ocean breezes during Hangout Fest. Even with the highs around 80, temperatures drop at night, so be sure to pack up a jacket (or push your way into a large crowd and warm up using the natural body heat of those around you). Weatherspark.com research shows there is about a 33% chance of rain in Gulf Shores, AL in mid may, so pack a poncho or umbrella just in case! It's too early to tell the exact Hangout Fest weather, but be prepared, cause rain or shine the festival goes on!
3. The Festival is ON THE BEACH
Did I forget to mention that the festival is ON THE BEACH! Not many major music festivals take place directly on the beach, but Hangout Fest stays true to it's name, providing festival goers top real estate for hanging out, lounging around, and rockin it to the best bands and artists in the world. This means swimsuits, sun, and an opportunity to throw down a towel when the crowds are thin. It's not unusual to see a beach volleyball tournament at the nets, or dozens of boats anchored in the deep water enjoying bands on the beach stages. Alabama beaches are famously clean and well kept, with warm Gulf of Mexico waters perfect for swimming, boogie boarding, or surfing. Plan on arriving early, or staying after the fest, to enjoy the beach with friends or family. Just remember the oldest beach rules of no glass, no feeding the seagulls, always obey the beach flags, and that peeing on a jellyfish sting doesn't actually neutralize the venom, it's just gross!
4. Beach and Water Activities in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach
|Deep Sea Fishing in Gulf Shores, AL|
*For a full list of, check out more things to do in Gulf Shores
5. Beachfront Hotels and Condos in Gulf Shores/Orange Beach
|Crystal Towers located near Hangout Fest 2017|
*Check out tripshock.com for the best prices and deals on beach hotels near Hangout Fest in Gulf Shores, AL.
6. There's a Party Before the Party!
The Thursday Kickoff Party starts Hangout Fest with a bang! The event takes place in Gulf Shores at The Hangout Music Festival Grounds. The doors open at 6pm on May 18th, 2017, and the party features up and coming acts to get your weekend started!
The Hangout Fest Kickoff Party Lineup Features:
- DJ Jazzy Jeff
- & MORE
Tickets for the Kickoff Party can be purchased separately from the Hangout Weekend Pass, so anyone can attend!
7. They Offer a Shuttle for Easy Transportation
Like most major Musical Festivals, parking is extremely limited, and equally chaotic. That is why Hangout Fest has implemented a Shuttle service. The shuttle runs continuously starting at 11am each day, with the final shuttle leaving 30 minutes after the final show of the evening. The shuttle travels within 8 miles of the festival location, hitting 14 locations including popular condos, hotels, campgrounds, and lodging along the way.
Check out the Hangout Fest 2017 Shuttle Map:
Shuttle tickets are available for purchase online. Each shuttle ticket holder is automatically entered into the "Golden Shuttles" Contest. Winners are chosen at random, and receive VIP upgrades, and even delicious cupcakes!
8. Hangout Music Festival 2017 has the Best Lineup Yet!
Year after year, the Hangout Fest organizers assemble the greatest lineups on the festival circuit, and 2017 is no exception. From legendary rockers Mumford & Sons, to pop icon Twenty One Pilots, the amount of talent and fame at Hangout Fest is off the charts! Check out the full 2017 Hangout Fest Lineup below courtesy of www.musicfestivalwizard.com.
- David Ferrara (May 1, 2011). "Hangout Festival: Organizer Shaul Zislin aims to make music fest 'world-renowned' (Q&A)". Press-Register. Retrieved July 20, 2011.
- Lawrence Specker (May 9, 2014). "Hangout Music Fest director: Expect 'very noticeable' changes at event". Press-Register. Retrieved May 18, 2014.
- Ben Sisario (January 12, 2015). "Coachella Organizers in Deal With Hangout Music Festival". The New York Times. Retrieved January 12, 2015.