14 Best Things for Couples to do in Nashville, TN
Couples specifically love traveling to this spectacular destination, as it has everything you need for a romantic retreat. No matter what you and your partner love to do to rekindle that spark, you can find it in Nashville! Keep reading and discover the 14 Best Things for Couples to do in Nashville, TN, and prepare to sweep your sweetie off their feet!
Table of Contents
- City Sightseeing Tours
- Nashville Zoo
- Local Parks & Nature
- Belle Meade Plantation
- Experience the Nightlife
- Annual Events
- Live Entertainment
- Brewery Tours
- Museums & Galleries
- Delicious Dining
- Day Trips & Excursions
- Aerial Tours
- Boat Tours
- Carriage Rides & Tours
City Sightseeing Tours
City sightseeing tour aboard a trolley with Historic Tours of America
Dive into Nashville’s rich history and culture, and see the sights aboard a fun and fantastic city tour! One of the top things for couples to do in Nashville, city tours showcase the best of what Nashville has to offer, with a local and knowledgeable tour guide leading the way. Popular sights to see during a city tour include:
- Printers Alley
- Lower Broadway
- Music Row
- Riverfront Park
- And MORE!
Sightseeing tours cover a wide variety of topics, as well, ranging from African American heritage in Nashville, to the best country music and soul food! Not only that, city tours come in all shapes and sizes, with some even offering customizable options, so finding a tour to accommodate your needs is easy! Walking tours, trolley tours, jeep tours, and pub crawls are just a few of the many popular tour types to choose from.
Image of a red panda at the Nashville Zoo from Wikimedia
Nashville Zoo is the 9th largest zoo in the country, and visiting this 188-acre attraction is one of the best things for couples to do in Nashville! Over one million people visit this massive and magnificent zoo each and every year, and with so many amazing animals, attractions, and annual events, it’s easy to see why. Couples love strolling through the zoo hand in hand, and checking out awesome daily animal shows, like the following:
- Chilean Flamingo Walk
- Flamingo Keeper Talk
- Critter Encounters: Bird Keeper Talk
- Red-Ruffed Lemur Keeper Talk
- And MORE!
The Nashville Zoo is also home to some terrific attractions that are perfect for lovebirds. History buffs can take a guided tour through the Grassmere Historic Home, which was built 1810, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Couples seeking adventure will love the Soaring Eagle Zip Line, where you can soar more than 100 feet over the zoo at a lightning-fast 28mph! There is something for all types of couples at the astounding Nashville Zoo!
Local Parks & Nature
Image of the Parthenon at Centennial Park in Nashville from Wikimedia
For those active couples out there, or for those who simply love the great outdoors, you’re in the right place! Nashville is surrounded by natural beauty, from the shimmering waters of Radnor Lake, to the majestic Cumberland River, and exploring the local nature is one of the best things for couples to do in Nashville, TN. Grab your sweetheart and check out the scenic beauty Nashville has to offer at one of the following parks:
- Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park: This beautiful, 11-acre park combines history and nature, and serves as a monument to Tennessee’s Bicentennial Celebration. Boasting a 200-foot granite map of Tennessee, a World War II Memorial, a 95-Bell Carillon, and more, this park is a sight to be seen! Address: 600 James Robertson Parkway, Nashville, TN 37243
- Centennial Park: Centennial Park is a natural oasis in the big city, with 132-acres of both history and tranquility. Visitors love walking the trail that encompasses Lake Watauga, and visiting the Parthenon, which is a full-scale replica of the ancient Greek temple. Renovated in 1931, this massive structure is the centerpiece of the park, and gave Nashville its nickname, “Athens of the South.” Address: 2500 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203
- Hamilton Creek Park: Hamilton Creek Park is situated on Percy Priest Lake, offering romantic and scenic views. The top activities at this park include birding, mountain biking, paddleboarding, kayaking, and more! Address: 2901 Bell Road, Nashville, TN 37217
- Shelby Bottoms Greenway and Natural Area: This 960-acre area is located in East Nashville, and is known for its luscious landscapes and natural beauty. This park sits on three miles of riverfront, and features hardwood forests, open fields, wetlands, and more! Address: 1900 Shelby Bottoms Greenway, Nashville, TN 37206
- Cumberland River Pedestrian Bridge: This 745-foot bridge is not only one of the best places to take a selfie with your sweetie in Nashville, but it also yields amazing views of the city and Cumberland River. Address: 2300 Two Rivers Parkway, Nashville, TN 37214
- Radnor Lake State Park: Radnor Lake State Park is perfect for couples searching for a scenic and relaxing retreat into nature, and is ideal for hiking, birding, photography, and wildlife viewing. Owls, herons, otters, and mink are commonly observed in this area. Address: 1160 Otter Creek Road, Nashville, TN 37220
- Edwin Warner & Percy Warner Parks: Nature enthusiasts will love the Warner Parks, as they span 3,200 acres of hills, meadows, and streams. This untouched and unforgettable area also has over 16 miles of breathtakingly beautiful hiking trails, each varying in difficulty and distance. Address: 50 Vaughn Road, Nashville, TN 37221
- Riverfront Park: Situated along the gorgeous Cumberland River, and just steps from Broadway, Riverfront Park is the perfect place to take a break and enjoy wonderful views of the river. Address: 100 1st Avenue N., Nashville, TN 37201
Another great thing about visiting the local parks in Nashville, is that many of them are pet-friendly, which is ideal for couples with Fido in tow. Please be aware that while there are some off-leash parks in the city, most will require pets to be on a leash. Below are a few popular pet-friendly parks in Nashville, for a dog-gone good time with your four-legged friend:
Belle Meade Plantation
Image courtesy of https://bellemeadeplantation.com/
A trip to Belle Meade Plantation is perfect for couples who want to learn about the local history, and check out some awe-inspiring architecture. What started as a log cabin on 250 acres of land in the early 1800s, Belle Meade Plantation has transformed into a stunning Greek-Revival mansion on over 5,400 acres, and serves as the largest thoroughbred horse farm in the South! This gorgeous plantation offers tours daily, as well as other exciting experiences, such as the following:
- Segway Tours
- Wine and Food Pairings
- Bourbon Tastings
- And MORE!
Experience the Nightlife
Pictured above is Broadway, one of the best places for nightlife in Nashville! Image from Flickr
Nightlife is on another level in Nashville, Tennessee, and they don’t call it Music City for nothing! Music can be found 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in many parts of the city, but the best music comes out at night at the area bars and honky tonks. With that being said, Nashville is the best place to grab your dancing shoes, grab your partner, and do-si-do to some terrific country tunes! Some awesome places to enjoy the nightlife in Nashville include the following:
- Tootsies Orchid Lounge
- Legends Corner
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row
- Wildhorse Saloon
- Famous Saloon
- Paradise Park
- Jason Aldean’s Kitchen + Rooftop Bar
No matter where you decide to go, you’re in for a boot-stompin’ good time! If you’re looking for nightlife outside of the honky tonks and bars, Nashville has you covered there, as well. Comedy shows, theater performances, ghost tours, and sporting events are just a few of the many ways to embrace the nightlife in Nashville!
Image of The Killers performing at Bonnaroo in 2018 from Wikimedia
Nashville is home to some of the best annual events in the South, from massive music festivals, to seasonal shenanigans. Events in Nashville are a great way to experience the culture of the area, while trying something new, and spending quality time with your favorite person. While any time is a good time to visit beautiful Nashville, TN, if you just so happen to be in town during one of these incredible festivals, you may want to consider adding it to your itinerary:
- Nashville Film Festival in April
- Iroquois Steeplechase in May
- CMA Music Fest in June
- Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in June
- Tomato Art Festival in August
Ryman Auditorium is one of the best places for live entertainment in Nashville! Image from Wikimedia
Find out for yourself why they call Nashville, Music City, and enjoy some show-stopping, high-energy live performances! Nashville is known far and wide for putting on a show, with some of the top talents from across the country, and the world, taking the stage. From sold-out concerts, to spectacular Broadway shows, Nashville offers tons of top-notch entertainment that will surely impress both you, and your partner.
We would be remiss not to first mention Nashville concerts and country superstars! One of the best things for couples to do in Nashville, catching a concert here is an experience like no other. With venues like the Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Auditorium, and Bridgestone Arena, hosting everyone from Alan Jackson and Luke Bryan, to Harry Styles and Alanis Morissette, there is truly something for everyone!
If you’re looking for a more refined experience, Nashville has that, too! Head over to the Nashville Theater for Broadway shows, opera, plays, and more. The Tennessee Performing Arts Center showcases the best of the best, as well. Founded in 1980, the Tennessee Performing Arts Center has welcomed over 14 million audience members, and is home to the Nashville Opera, Nashville Repertory Theatre, and Nashville Ballet. This is the perfect occasion to dress up, grab dinner, and enjoy an amazing evening appreciating the arts!
Group enjoys a Nashville pub crawl with The Franke Group
Many people associate Nashville with delicious dining options, serving up everything from soul food to prime steaks. However, the libations are equally as grand, with craft beers taking center stage! Nashville is home to tons of fantastic and famous breweries, which is why grabbing a drink with your darling on a brewery tour is one of the best things for couples to do in Nashville! Breweries you may encounter along the way include:
- Bearded Iris Brewing
- Black Abbey Brewing Company
- East Nashville Beer Works
- Honky Tonk Brewing Company
- Jackalope Brewing Company
- Southern Grist Brewing Company
And that’s just to name a few! Pub crawls are another fun way to sample Nashville’s specialty drinks. Pub crawls are tours that take groups to several pubs or bars, while sampling drinks at each location. Most Nashville pub crawls will take you through downtown’s Lower Broadway, where you can expect to see bright neon lights, famous honky tonks, hear incredible live music, and enjoy some tasty drinks!
Museums & Galleries
The Wall of Gold & Platinum Sales at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. Image from Wikimedia
While Nashville is known for music, the city has an appreciation for the arts that goes far beyond concerts and country songs. Museums and galleries are scattered throughout the city, providing insight into the culture and history of the area, and showcasing amazing and awe-inspiring art. There are dozens of museums to choose from, covering a wide range of topics from celebrities to classic cars. Some of the top museums include the following:
- Johnny Cash Museum
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- The Hermitage
- RCA Studio B
- Tennessee State Museum
Galleries are also prevalent in Nashville, providing a silent retreat to appreciate the finer things with your favorite person. From contemporary creations to antique artwork, Nashville’s art scene is diverse, inspirational, and flourishing. Check out one of these wonderful galleries, and channel your inner artist:
- Frist Center for the Visual Arts
- The Rymer Gallery
- Cumberland Gallery
One of the best things for couples to do in Nashville is enjoy a romantic meal together
The perfect date night starts with a delicious meal, and rest assured, Nashville is serving up plenty of palate-pleasing plates! From fanciful, French-inspired creations, to mouth-watering prime steaks, there’s something to appease even the pickiest taste buds in Nashville. Below are a few options that are perfect for a romantic date night with your favorite person:
- The Treehouse
- 5th & Taylor
- Margot Cafe & Bar
- Skull’s Rainbow Room
- Kanye Prime
And that’s only the beginning! Nashville is also known for its abundance of celebrity-owned bars and restaurants, as well. If you’re searching for a meal fit for the stars, you may want to consider making a reservation at one of the following restaurants. Who knows, you may even run into the celebrity that inspired the appetizing eatery!
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red
- Florida Georgia Line’s FGL House
- Joey & Gavin DeGraw’s Nashville Underground
Lastly, there are quite a few restaurants in Nashville that are not necessarily known for their romantic atmosphere, but are iconic in their own right. The following places are perfect for a quick bite to eat, and boast some of the best food that Nashville has to offer:
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken
- Loveless Café
- Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint
From fine dining to finger foods, Nashville, TN, has something for everyone. This one of those places where you will never leave hungry, and no matter where you decide to dine, you and your partner are in for a treat!
Day Trips & Excursions
Image of the beautiful South Cumberland State Park by Michael Hicks via Flickr
Drive through the massive mountains of Tennessee with your partner for unparalleled views of the countryside, and create unforgettable experiences with your favorite person! Nashville is surrounded by incredible attractions and natural beauty as far as the eye can see. Setting off for adventure outside of the city is a perfect way to witness this for yourself, and experience Tennessee in a whole new way. Below are just a few of the many popular destinations for day trips and excursions from Nashville:
- Clarksville, TN: Clarksville is home to one of the state’s most incredible state parks, Dunbar Cave State Park. This 144-acre park is home to the famous Dunbar Cave, which is adorned in prehistoric Mississippian Native American cave art! Clarksville is just under an hour from Nashville.
- Cave City, KY: Speaking of caves, Cave City is just an hour and a half away from Nashville, and is home to Mammoth Cave, the world’s largest cave system! With more than 400 miles of tunnels and passageways, it’s easy to find an escape from the hustle and bustle of the big city here.
- Manchester, TN: About an hour from Nashville, Manchester, TN, is full of natural beauty just waiting to be explored! Visiting Old Stone Fort State Park is a must when in the area, as it is known for the historic Old Stone Fort, gorgeous waterfalls, and hiking trails.
- Lynchburg, TN: Just under an hour and a half from Nashville, visiting Lynchburg, TN, is perfect for couples who love whiskey! The Jack Daniels headquarters is located here, and they offer fantastic distillery tours, tastings, and more!
- South Cumberland State Park, TN: This massive park exists within four different counties, and spans over 30,000 acres. Known for its humbling views, this area has spectacular rock formations, waterfalls, luscious landscapes, and more!
Nashville is truly such a fantastic vacation destination, as it is centrally located to some of the most memorable and amazing natural wonders and attractions. Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Memphis, TN, would also make for the perfect day trip or weekend getaway from Nashville, as they are all located three hours, or less, from Nashville.
Aerial view of Nashville, TN, from a high-flying helicopter tour
Feel as if you’re on cloud nine while you soar through the clouds on a Nashville aerial tour. Be prepared for breathtakingly beautiful views! Your sweetheart is sure to be blown away by the unforgettable views of Tennessee’s rolling hills, Nashville’s stunning skyline, and the winding Cumberland River. Other landmarks to look out for include:
- Sylvan Park
- Centennial Mall
- Music Row
- Vanderbilt University
- And MORE!
Not only that, aerial tours are perfect for any special occasion. As exciting as they are romantic, aerial tours are a great idea for date night, proposals, anniversaries, and honeymoons. You’ll feel as if you’re on top of the world on a remarkable Nashville aerial adventure!
Pictured above is the General Jackson Riverboat, one of the top boat tours in Nashville! Image from Wikimedia
Boat tours are another romantic way to see the sights, and are one of the best things for couples to do in Nashville. Cruise down the Cumberland River and take in unparalleled views of the city and surrounding nature. Boat tours come in all shapes and sizes, including dinner cruises, showboats with live entertainment, and more!
Carriage Rides & Tours
Carriage tours in Nashville are a great way to sit back, relax, and ride in style
Clip, clop, and do the trot on a romantic carriage ride through Nashville! This mode of transportation not only creates a magical and memorable experience, but it is also the perfect way to see the city while snuggling up with your sweetie. Sights you may see on a whimsical carriage ride through Nashville include the following, depending on the company you choose:
- Historic Fort Nashborough in Riverfront Park
- Country Music Hall of Fame
- Ryman Auditorium
- Centennial Park
- Bridgestone Arena
- And MORE!
As you can see, there are so many awesome things to do in Nashville, TN, right at your fingertips, which means finding the best things for couples to do in Nashville is easy! With so many options, there’s something to accommodate all types of lovebirds. No matter if you are strolling down the Cumberland River Pedestrian Bridge in search of stunningly scenic views, or are ready to dance the night away in a Nashville honky tonk, you and your sweetie are sure to remember this trip as one for the books!