Version Date: September 18, 2019
It is very important that you read and understand this and other online privacy policies so that you can understand why and how your data is being collected, as well as how it is being used and disclosed. Please read this entire policy and feel free to reach out to us with any questions or concerns. Instructions on how to reach us are set out below in the “How to Contact Us” Section.
Here is an overview of some key items you should know regarding our use of your information:
- If you ever have any questions, or want to access or have your personal information updated, you can reach out to us using the contact link at the bottom of this policy.
- In addition to using your information, we may use information about the people traveling with you for the purpose of completing bookings and we may share information about you and your travel companions with other parties for the same purpose.
- We may engage third party vendors to provide services or functions on our behalf and may sometimes share personal information with them. This policy does not extend to third parties.
- We hope that you will opt in to receive marketing information from us and if you do, we will let you know about offers that may be of interest to you and send you general updates about the amazing activities we offer. Don’t worry, you can opt out any time!
- In order to improve your Tripshock experience, including displaying ads that are relevant to you, we may use information including but not limited to cookies, which are explained below.
- We think feedback is very important, so there may be times when we ask for feedback that will equip us to provide you with better customer service.
- No matter what country you are travelling from, your information will be stored by us in the United States, which is where our business operations and servers are located.
- Collection of Personal Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
- International Transfers
- California Privacy Rights
- External Links
- Information Concerning Minors
- Your Rights
- Changes to Notice
- How to Contact Us
Collection of Personal Information
There are a variety of reasons that we collect your personal information. Personal information may include your name, email address, phone number, address, survey responses, reservation details and other information you provide about yourself, or that might be collected.
You can choose not to provide personal data to us, but in general some personal data is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from TripShock and its partners, and to enjoy the benefits of being a customer.
The channels used to collect personal information falls into four broad categories:
Information you provide directly to us, including information about your traveling companions; Information from other sources; Automatically Collected Information; and Device Location and Information from Devices.
Info You Provide Directly to Us
Your Personal Information: When you purchase trips from TripShock, we will ask you to provide personal information directly to us, including the billing information necessary to process payment for the trips you book. Your personal information is used to do things like:
- Enable your travel booking;
- Provide the requested services and information you need like the details of your booking;
- Subscribe you to our newsletter and other marketing communications (if you opt in);
- Respond to inquiries you submit; and
- Register you.
The government considers certain types of personal information, such as health information, to be sensitive information. As a result, this information may require additional protection under the law. We try our best not to collect this sensitive information, but sometimes it may be necessary. For example, if you need special accommodations due to a disability, or if you provide information, at your option, that may imply certain religious or other protected affiliations, such as your dietary preferences.
Information You Provide About Others: When you are making a reservation for yourself and other members of your group, we may request personal information about your companions and their preferences. Consent should be obtained prior to providing us with this information. If someone whose information you provide wants to have their information amended they should contact us via the link at the bottom of this page. If you’re an employee of a corporate account, a vendor or other type of business partner, other information collected can include employer, employee identification number, banking information, or other relevant details.
Information from Other Sources
Automatically Collected Information
Certain information about you is collected automatically when you use our Services. This information is collected so that we may provide a better online experience, by helping us understand things like your interests, how you found us, and how you are using our Services, among other things. Sometimes we will collect technical information to help us understand how your device interacts with our system, identify the pages you visited on our site, the trips you view, the trips you add to your cart, and the date and time of your visit. All of this automatically collected information is used internally so that we can improve and customize your experience and show you information that may be relevant to you, including through targeted advertisements. Some of this information may be collected using cookies and other tracking technology which you can learn more about below in the section “Cookies and Other Technology.” This information also aides our ability to detect and prevent fraudulent activities.
Depending on your country of residence, additional laws may apply to protect information that is collected automatically, including countries located in the European Economic Area. Please see the “International Transfer” section below for more information.
The information we collect automatically may include:
- IP address;
- The type of device you are using;
- Your device ID number;
- The type of browser you are using;
- Your internet service provider;
- Your operating system;
- Details about websites that referred you to our online Services; and
- Geographic information.
Device Location and Information from Devices
When you use our Services via an application on a mobile device or tablet, we may collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use our websites. In addition, we may collect information about your location with your consent if your device has been configured to send such information to the application via the privacy settings on that device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. For example, we may use your location to show you tours or excursions near you when you are travelling. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
How We Use Your Information
If you have questions or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the link provided at the end of this policy.
TripShock uses personal information to provide you with Services, to identify and build features that will make our Services easier to use, and to contact you. The improvements made with this information include improved customer support, a faster and more streamlined website experience, timely and effective notice of new Services, special offers, and policy updates, as well as more relevant content.
In some cases a legal basis for the use of this data is required. We use you data in accordance with applicable law as follows:
- As necessary to perform or complete a transaction;
- As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including applicable statutory and record keeping obligations;
- When you have provided consent as may be appropriate in accordance with applicable law; and
- When it is necessary for legitimate interests, such as marketing, for which you have not objected to receiving.
The purposes for which we collect your data include, but are not limited to, the following examples:
- Offering our Services to you and fulfilling transactions that you make, such as booking a tour;
- Providing you with confirmation regarding your travel via email, text message, or phone;
- Managing your registration;
- Publishing your reviews, ratings and photos;
- Communicating with you about your account or use of our Services;
- Responding to, or following up on, your comments and questions;
- Providing customer service;
- Asking you to leave a review or take a survey;
- Operating and improving our site and Services;
- Personalizing your experience on our website and app;
- Notifying you about promotions and special offers, to let you partake in a prize drawing, competition or complete a survey;
- Carrying out statistical analysis about the use of our Services to improve each aspect of what we do;
- Protecting, investigating and detering against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Administering and protecting our business and to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems; and
- Other uses described to you when the information is collected.
On occasion, we may send you marketing emails with information about deals, destinations and product news, offers, competitions, and other special promotions that we believe you may find valuable or informative. You will receive these marketing messages from us if you have given your consent, if you have requested them, or if you purchased trips from us and you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages.
If you no longer wish to receive future email marketing communications from us, don’t worry! You have several choices for opting out of future mailings, including the ability to unsubscribe at any time by following the link and directions included at the bottom of each email marketing message we send.
Please note that, even if you opt out of receiving future marketing communications from us, we will continue to send emails to you regarding your bookings, as well as regarding administrative and service-related information such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. We reserve the right to send you other communications including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your purchases, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
How We Share Your Information
Content You Share: We may store the contributions and submissions you make, including but not limited to your reviews and ratings (your "Content"), publicly display your Content on our websites and applications, display it to other users, share it with our affiliate partners and distributors, and use it for promotional purposes. When you submit a review, we will only display your first name and the first initial of your last name on our website. However, please note that if you include personal data in your Content, it can be used and viewed by others. We are not responsible for the information you choose to include in your Content.
Third Parties: TripShock may share your personal information with third parties as permitted by law. If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal information relates to the sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share your personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively. If we are legally obliged to do so, we will share personal information to protect our customers, the site, as well as our company and our rights and property.
Social Media Services: You can also choose to access third-party social media websites and services through TripShock (such as Facebook and Instagram). When you do so, you are sharing personal information with those sites, and the personal information you share is governed by their privacy policies. You may be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites.
Third Party Vendors: We may also share your personal information with third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, marketing, public relations, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect personal information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our websites or applications or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect personal information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the personal information for any other purpose. We currently contract with several third-party online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of third-party marketing companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our website.
We may also share or disclose personal information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that is necessary under the following circumstances:
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- Following a corporate transaction, such as divestiture, merger, acquisition, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy;
- With law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies (if we are legally obliged to do so).
We may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular excursions or tours. This information does not contain any personal data and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How We Protect Your Information
We seek to maintain the integrity and security of your personal information and take data security seriously. To this end, we implement and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organizational safeguards to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorized or unlawful access, use or disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
However, we cannot provide absolute assurance that the personal information you provide to us will be secure at all times, as no data transmission over the internet or data storage environment can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you experience unusual events or activities that you believe to be an indication that a breach of your information security has occurred, TripShock will rely upon you to tell us. We will then seek to investigate whether this was related to the data transmissions from or to TripShock and let you know what steps can be taken, as well as what steps have been taken, to help rectify the problem.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts, and tags, are small bits of code, usually stored on a user's computer hard drive or device, which enables a website to "personalize" itself for each user by remembering information about the user's visit to the website. While there are options for controlling and limiting cookies, some of which are set out below, please keep in mind that without cookies you may not have access to certain features of our Services. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain web sites, including this site.
- To help us recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you on this website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize you as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
Types of Cookies in Use First Party Cookies (TripShock Cookies): We use our cookies to improve your web-browsing experience. For example, we use a cookie to keep track of your search criteria while you are engaging TripShock's Services. TripShock cookies are associated with your personal information. However, no third party may use the information we collect through TripShock cookies for their own purposes.
Third Party Cookies: TripShock works with third parties that place cookies on our site to provide their services, including:
- Ad Targeting: We work with third-party advertising companies to serve ads while you are visiting our site. We permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer in the course of serving advertisements on this site. In order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you, these companies may use information obtained through their cookies (which do not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to the site and other websites, in combination with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online sites. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not ours.
- Data Providers: We allow data providers to collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), when you visit our site, or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reflect demographic or other data, with identifying elements removed, linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with data providers solely in hashed, non-human readable form. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information.
- Analytics/Measurement: We use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the site in order to optimize and improve our site. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and arrived from, which internet platform type you have used, your date and time stamp information, and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our site. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our site after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites.
- Remarketing Pixel Tags and Other Technologies: We may share website usage information with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place or recognize a cookie on your computer or device or directly in our emails or communications or may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on certain web pages. We will then use the non-personally identifiable information that is collected to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be targeted to specific searches you conducted on TripShock during earlier browsing sessions.
- Flash Cookies: Our partners, who provide certain features on our site or display advertising based on your browsing activity, also use Local Shared Objects such as Flash cookies, and Local Storage such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
Display of Targeted Advertising
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
We are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your travel-related searches and other site activities, such as whether you are looking for tours or activities in a particular location. We use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a tour in Key West, you may see an ad for Key West Tours on TripShock or on another website you visit. You can learn more about how to limit target advertisements in the section “Controlling Cookies” below.
Data collected by, or provided to, business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on our websites are served by TripShock or its service providers. But we may also (1) share personal information about you to third parties directly and/or (2) allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through, for example, cookies and other technologies. These third parties include advertising networks, who collect or receive information about your interests from us directly or when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences, and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to request to disable cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the tools offered on our site.
If you are located in the European Union, please click here to opt out.
In order to control the collection of data for analytical purposes by Google Analytics, you may visit this link.
You can manage Flash cookies by visiting this link.
You can also delete all cookies that are already on your computer's hard drive by searching for and deleting files with "cookie" in it.
Please note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. There is no consensus among industry providers as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Participants in the leading Internet standards-setting organization that is addressing this issue are in the process of determining what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals. Like many websites and onlines services, TripShock currently does not alter its practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “ Do Not Track” please click here.
Mobile Devices We and/or our data providers may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet, or to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we and/or our data partner may collect demographic or other data, with identifying elements removed, about you that we receive via third parties, as well as data you voluntarily have submitted to us (e.g., your email address) and/or data passively collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address. For advertising purposes, however, we will share your email address with our data partners solely in hashed, non-human readable form.
If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile device browser or applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings, or follow the instructions below.
- Android Users (version 2.3 and above): To use the "opt-out of interest-based advertising" option, follow the instructions provided by Google here: Google Play Help.
- iOS users (version 6 and above): To use the "Limit Ad-Tracking" option, follow the instructions provided by Apple here: Apple Support Center.
The personal information we collect, or that is collected on our behalf, may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you reside. These countries may have data protection laws that are different than the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective). While such information is outside of your country of residence, it is subject to laws of such other countries, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, as may be required by that country’s laws. Specifically, the servers of our Services are located in the United States and our suppliers operate in the United States. This means that when we collect your personal information, we will process it in the United States.
Whenever we store or transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, we will do so in accordance with applicable law and we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards. Transfers of personal data are made:
- To a country recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection, or;
- To a country which does not offer adequate protection but whose transfer has been governed by the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission or by implementing other appropriate cross-border transfer solutions to provide adequate protection.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the address provided below in the "How to Contact Us" section.
Information Concerning Minors
TripShock is a general audience site and does not offer Services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Your use of our Services is also subject to TripShock’s Terms and Conditions of Use, which are incorporated here by reference.
We understand that you may want to change, access or delete your personal data. You may do so by contacting us via the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of this policy. To protect your privacy and security, we will need to verify your identity before acting on a request. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We will then answer your request within 30 days of verification, but maintain the right to extend that period to 60 days. Depending on the jurisdiction where you reside, you may have specific rights under local law to: (i) request access to your personal data; (ii) request rectification of your personal data; (iii) request erasure of your personal data; (iv) request restriction of processing of your personal data; (v) request data portability; and (vi) object to the processing of your personal data. Contact us at [email protected], or by using the “Contact Us” link at the end of this policy if you have questions or would like to exercise such rights. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you Services. In addition, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You can change your marketing preferences at any time.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, wish to exercise your privacy rights, or have any other questions or concerns regarding the protection of your data, please contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] or use the “Contact Us” link below.
Our full details are: Privacy Officer Emerald Memories, LLC DBA TripShock! 4010 Commons Dr. W. Suite #110 | Destin, FL 32541