4 Hour Self-Guided Swamp Adventure
- Lowest price guaranteeYou won't find a lower price
- Book with confidenceLive local support via phone
- Live Chat is ready to helpAvailable 7AM-6PM CST
Launch at the Barataria Preserve and paddle in the historical Jean Lafitte National Park amidst the pelicans and baby alligators. You have plenty of time to paddle at your own pace and watch the eagles hunt or the herons fly. Cruise along as the alligators sun themselves on the banks. Observe local wildlife in their natural habitat and sightsee at your own pace as you get up close and personal with Louisiana's nature.
- Launch at the Barataria Preserve, a large estuary in the Jean Lafitte National Historical Park
- Paddle at your own pace on this 4 Hour self-guided eco-adventure
- Float amidst the pelicans and baby alligators
- See herons, eagles, and so much more
- Receive a map of the waterways for your exploration
Duration: 4 Hrs.
- Choice of canoe, single kayak or single fishing kayak with paddle
- Fishing kayak comes with fishing pole, assortment of freshwater fishing tackle
- Canoes and kayaks come with map of area, local wildlife pamphlet, safety instructions, parking and use of boat launch
- Greeter with basic orientation
- Life vests
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Closed-toed shoes
- Bottled water
- Bug spray
- COVID RESTRICTIONS: Vendor is cleaning kayaks, canoes, paddles, and gear daily and wiping down everything after every trip.
- Vendor uses Old Town luxury Canoes with seat backings. Must have 2 paddlers per boat. A center-seated child may be added (ages 5-10). Maximum total weight in boat with gear is 1,000 lbs.
- Must be 18 or older to sign waiver. Must be 16 years old to paddle alone.
- 300 pound weight limit for single kayaks. Single fishing kayaks can handle upward of 500 lbs.
- Fishing License Day Passes are required for those 16 years of age and older, according to state laws. Licenses can be purchased in advance online.
- Not for expectant mothers or those with serious or debilitating medical conditions.
- Never feed or attempt to catch alligators or any wild animal.
- Must be able to maintain control of the boat on the water.
- Must be fit and know how to operate a canoe or kayak.
- All activities are by appointment only.
- Not handicap accessible.
- No glass.
- Summers are generally hot and humid with occasional rain. Winters are mild. Sunscreen is recommended for outdoor activities and insect repellent is usually needed at the Barataria Preserve. Louisiana's heat and humidity can quickly take its toll. If you'll be outside for long periods, wear a hat, carry water, and take frequent breaks, wear insect repellent and closed-toe shoes.
- This is an open air activity and rain is very possible. Vendor operates even on rainy days but may cancel or postpone if prolonged lightning or storms are present. In the event the tour is cancelled and arrangements cannot be made to reschedule, you will be refunded.
- Fan necklaces, binoculars and dry bags available per request. Please make arrangements with vendor after booking.
- There will be an initial 25-30 minute paddle into the park that is included in your time.
- Launch times may vary but are generally between 9:00am - 1:00pm CST.
- Vendor uses sit on top and sit in kayaks, you have your choice.
- Restrooms are available at departure point.
- Smoking is permitted in designated areas.
- Service animals are permitted.
- Free parking on site.
- Guide not included.
9656 Barataria Blvd, Marrero, LA 70072, USA
4 Hour Self-Guided Swamp Adventure
Brand new to TripShock