What to do in Perdido Key When it Rains - 7 Awesome Activities
August 17th 2022
The Perdido Key area is host to tons of engaging indoor things to do for hours of family-fun entertainment. From a little friendly competition at an amazing arcade, to combining learning and fun at one of the area’s marvelous museums, the options are practically endless! Keep reading and discover what to do in Perdido Key when it rains, and make this vacation reign supreme.
Table of Contents
- The Factory
- Escape Rooms
- Day Trips & Excursions
- City Tours
Family fun in the foam pit at The Factory Trampoline Park
When wondering what to do in Perdido Key when it rains, take a short drive over to The Factory Trampoline Park. Not only is this one of the top indoor activities in the area, it’s also one of the top kid-friendly things to do near Perdido Key, and this includes the kids at heart, as well. This massive, 12,000-square-foot entertainment complex has over 50 trampolines, which includes angled wall trampolines, and a variety of launching decks for big jumps and impressive tricks!
Aside from jumping to new heights, The Factory also offers tons of other family-fun experiences. Additional awesome things to do here include reaching new heights at their indoor climbing area, using a rope swing to land as far out as possible into a foam pit, testing your strength and skill at the Ninja Obstacle Course, playing extreme dodgeball, and more. Located just a few miles away in Gulf Shores, AL, and an ideal indoor activity for kids of all ages, The Factory is a fun addition to any Perdido Key vacation!
Shopping in Perdido Key, and the surrounding areas, is a great way to spend a rainy day at the beach
When searching for what to do in Perdido Key when it rains, you can’t go wrong with shopping! Rainy days were made for shopping, and are the perfect opportunity to pick up souvenirs and gifts, as well as the top trending fashions. If you’re ready to shop till you drop, then check out these premier shopping destinations located near Perdido Key:
- Cordova Mall in Pensacola, FL: Cordova Mall is the largest shopping center in neighboring Pensacola, featuring over 120 stores. From Bed, Bath, and Beyond, to H&M, Sephora, and more, this upscale indoor shopping center has something for everyone. Cordova Mall’s physical address is 5100 N. 9th Avenue, Pensacola, FL 32504.
- The Wharf in Orange Beach, AL: The Wharf in Orange Beach is the place to be for shopping, dining, and entertainment along Alabama’s Gulf Coast! This massive complex not only boasts superb shopping, but also a 15-screen movie theater, delicious dining options, laser tag, a virtual reality arcade, and so much more. Their address is 23101 Canal Road, Orange Beach, AL 36561.
- Tanger Outlets in Foley, AL: A trip to the Tanger Outlets in Foley, AL, is a great way to shop and save on the top designer brands! This covered outdoor facility has over 100 stores, offering everything from Adidas, to American Eagle, and beyond. Their physical address is 2601 S. McKenzie Street, Foley, AL 36535.
All of these spectacular shopping destinations are about 20 miles away, or less, from Perdido Key, depending on your location. Please note that while the Cordova Mall is an indoor mall, and The Wharf and Tanger Outlets are covered outdoor shopping centers, it is still recommended to bring a rain jacket and umbrella along with you. And no matter which shopping complex you decide to visit, you’re sure to find a trove of treasures!
Group takes a victory photo after escaping from an Escape LOL escape room
If you’re wondering what to do in Perdido Key when it rains, a great option is to see if you and your crew has what it takes to escape from an escape room before the time runs out! What is an escape room, you ask? Essentially, escape rooms are locked rooms, where participants will have to find clues and solve a series of puzzles to unlock the room within a certain amount of time. This is a great way to test your wit, team working, time management, and problem solving skills in a fun and interesting way! If you’re ready to escape the rain, and escape from an escape room, then check out the helpful tips and tricks below:
Video games at a family-fun Perdido Key arcade
When it comes to what to do in Perdido Key when it rains, it doesn’t get much better than winning big at an awesome area arcade. From Pensacola to Orange Beach, there are a plethora of fun-filled arcades to choose from for a little friendly competition. See who can collect the most tickets, and win prizes, at one of these amazing family-friendly arcades:
- Fat Daddy’s Arcade: Fat Daddy’s Arcade in neighboring Orange Beach, AL, is the place to be for indoor family fun! With over 80 arcade games featuring everything from new releases to the classics, a trip to this awesome arcade is one of the best ways to retreat from the rain in Perdido Key, FL. The address for Fat Daddy’s Arcade is 24565 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561.
- Adventure Island: The Alligator Alley Arcade at Adventure Island in Orange Beach has everything you need for an unforgettable gaming experience! This massive arcade has over 100 games, laser tag, and a Max Flight Roller Coaster Simulator, for maximum indoor fun. Their address is 24559 Perdido Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561.
- Arena The Next Level: Exploring The Wharf in Orange Beach is one of the top things to do when visiting Perdido Key, and it is also home to one of the best arcades in the area, Arena The Next Level. This indoor entertainment area boasts the best arcade games, Bazooka Ball, laser tag, virtual reality experiences, and more! Their physical address is 4720 Main Street, Suite 201, Orange Beach, AL 36561.
- Fast Eddies Fun Center: Head to Fast Eddies Fun Center to win big at their amazing indoor arcade! From the latest in gaming like Pac-Man Mania and King of the Big Wheel, to the classics like air hockey and basketball, this place has it all. When the stormy skies subside, Fast Eddies also has go-karts, mini-golf, batting cages, and more! Their physical address is 505 W. Michigan Avenue, Pensacola, FL 32505.
- The Arcade at OWA: The Arcade at OWA is connected to The Groovy Goat in Downtown OWA, and is open to the public. This indoor gaming experience has over 50 games, and ample opportunities for family fun! Their address is 106 S. OWA Boulevard, Foley, AL 36535.
Day Trips & Excursions
Day trips to Destin, FL, and Orange Beach, AL, are one of the top things to do on a rainy day in Perdido Key
A little bit of rain doesn’t have to keep you confined to your condominium or vacation rental! Perdido Key day trips and excursions are a great way to take advantage of the city’s central location, and explore the surrounding areas. Gulf Shores and Orange Beach, AL, are popular destinations just west of Perdido Key, and with so many tours, attractions, and things to do here, filling your day up with family-fun is a cinch!
Pensacola, FL, is Perdido Key’s neighbor to the east, and offers a plethora of both indoor and outdoor things to do. For those who want to take things one step further, less than two hours away is dazzling Destin, FL, which offers an abundance of outstanding options when it comes to family outings. Wherever you decide to go, Perdido Key day trips and excursions are sure to create amazing memories that will last a lifetime!
Image of the National Naval Aviation Museum by Andrew Kalat via Flickr
If you’re searching for what to do in Perdido Key when it rains that combines learning with fun, then you’re in luck! Nestled in between Pensacola, FL, and Gulf Shores, AL, Perdido Key is conveniently located near some of the top museums along the Emerald Coast. With that being said, it’s time to beat the rainy day blues and learn something new at one of these marvelous museums:
- National Naval Aviation Museum: This amazing museum is the world’s largest Naval Aviation museum, and one of the most visited museums in the entire state of Florida. And with over 150 aircrafts on display, as well as flight simulators, virtual reality experiences, exhibits, a giant screen theater, children’s play area, and more, it’s easy to see why! When searching for what to do in Perdido Key when it rains, you truly can’t go wrong with a trip to the National Naval Aviation Museum. Their physical address is 1750 Radford Boulevard, Pensacola, FL 32508.
- Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum: Full of history, the Pensacola Lighthouse was built in 1859, and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. The Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum is a fan-favorite, as it showcases the local history through exemplary exhibits, and provides spectacular scenic views. Visitors who walk up the 177 steps to the top of the historic Pensacola Lighthouse will be able to discover for themselves why this is one of the best places to take pictures in Pensacola! This marvelous museum is located on Naval Air Station Pensacola, at 2081 Radford Boulevard, Pensacola, FL 32508.
- Gulf Shores Museum: Spending the afternoon at the Gulf Shores Museum is a great way to avoid the rain, and learn about the local history. One of their most popular attractions is the Hurricane Exhibit, which has astonishing archived video footage of Hurricane Ivan, a hurricane map, artifacts, and more! Admission is free, and they are located at 244 W. 19th Avenue, Gulf Shores, AL 36542.
- Orange Beach Indian & Sea Museum: Discover coastal Alabama’s Native American and fishing heritage at the Orange Beach Indian & Sea Museum! There is so much to see and do at this museum, as it houses centuries-old artifacts, fishing and boating equipment, vintage farming tools, exhibits, pictures, and more. Admission is free, and their physical address is 25850 John M. Snook Drive, Orange Beach, AL 36561.
City tours by bus make for a great retreat from the rain, and according to a recent TripShock Traveler Story, they are also a unique and fun experience
Perdido Key city tours come in all shapes and sizes, which means there is something for all ages and interests to enjoy, rain or shine. City tours by bus are a popular option, as guests can soak up the sights and sounds of the city from the comfort of an air-conditioned vehicle. In addition, these tours are led by a local and knowledgeable guide, so visitors who opt to explore the city this way can rest assured they are seeing the best of what this amazing area has to offer, in a different and delightful way!
Be sure to keep an eye out for rainbows after a rainy day in Perdido Key, FL
Whoever said a rainy day at the beach is better than a sunny day at the office was definitely right, especially in Perdido Key, Florida. From shopping at the top stores and boutiques for trinkets and treasures, to jumping for joy at The Factory Trampoline Park, there is no shortage of fun to be had in this charming coastal city, rain or shine. If you’re looking for even more ideas on what to do in Perdido Key when it rains, be sure to visit TripShock’s Perdido Key Visitors Guide, for everything you need to know about this dazzling destination along the Emerald Coast!
Featured activities in Perdido KeySee All
Perdido Key News
Keeping you informed